- Mexican Rice Salad
A very easy recipe can be prepared in no time. A good option to satisfy your hunger without doing much of cooking. So let’s get started and go through the ingredients first
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, Unfreeze
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat water in a pan or any vessel you use for boiling rice. Add rice once water gets heated a bit. Reduce the heat and allow the rice to cook for another 15 – 20 minutes. Off the heat and check if the rice is tender and properly cooked. Make it doesn’t get overcooked else your salad will be mushy. Sieve the rice and add some cold water and drain.
- Take another vessel and add the oil and saute green pepper, corn, carrot, and onion until crisp or tender as per your liking. Add garlic and saute it continuously on a low flame to avoid burning.
- Add the remaining vegetables corn, beans, tomatoes, peanuts, and cilantro (Coriander).
- Take a small bowl and add all the mixture of vegetables and rice. Add lemon juice and cumin powder. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
This is a quick recipe just cut the vegetables and boil the rice. Add it up and have this healthy and nutritious salad. A big recommendation for the people on diet.
Happy Cooking !!!!!