The plumbing industry is one of those service industries that is used quite often and offer a wide range of services. Plumbing issues are seen very often, not only in residential houses or flats but also in large scale commercial settings, factories, and manufacturing plants. The service catalogue of this industry features different types of services that cater to specific plumbing issues. During emergency times, you are required to call in the plumber to solve the issue but before you hire any plumber, you must equip yourself with a basic understanding of what all types of plumbing services are there. This basic awareness will help you in hiring the right type of plumber when the need arises. So, let us see what type of plumbing services this industry offers us.
Types of Plumbing Services
These services are mainly categorized into five types. Let us discuss each one of these in detail.
- Drainage related Services – The most common plumbing issue that we all come across is of clogged drains. These clogged drains can lead to flooding, slow-moving water flow and foul smell coming out from them. A professional plumber will provide all these plumbing services. These include various services such as cleaning, maintenance, and repair of drains; inspection, testing, cleaning, and maintenance of sewer pipes; plumbing services of kitchen, bathroom, and basement; cleaning and repair of underground drains.
- Water Supply related Services – This is also one of the primary services offered by professional plumbers. Water leakage is one of the most common plumbing issues that occur quite frequently in both residential and commercial settings. Whether it is leakage from pipe or slab or backflow issues, it needs an effective solution. Therefore, water supply plumbing services provide a solution for all such issues and include installation, maintenance, repair, inspection, and testing of hot/cold water systems in both kitchen and bathroom spaces; connect the rainwater tanks so that they support in flushing toilets and help supply water to the garden.
- Gas related Plumbing Services – We generally assume that plumbing services are limited to just water-related supply issues but that is not true. In fact, they cover all gas-related services as well. Gas related plumbing issues are riskier and more dangerous than water issues, if inhaled it can prove to be fatal or it can catch fire also. That is why these issues need immediate repair and service; you cannot postpone any gas related plumbing issue, even if it seems to be a tiny one. There are various places in every household where gas is used such as cooktops, hot water heating units, ovens, LPG lines, and fireplace. A professional plumber will provide installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of any gas related issue in any of these above-mentioned systems.
- Mechanical Plumbing Services – Every household consists of proper ventilation, heating, and cooling systems to enjoy comfortable living inside the home. Faulty working of these systems will cause inconvenience and might lead to frustration also. These mechanical issues are also covered under plumbing services. Professional plumbers do the installation, maintenance, repair, inspection and testing of all types of heating and cooling units whether they are ducted, split systems, or evaporative coolers. They provide all these services in hospitals and clinics also where the medical gas equipment is used.
- Emergency Services – We all are well aware of the fact that plumbing issues do not come with the invitation; rather they mostly occur at unexpected times and create emergency situations for us. Professional plumbers are quite familiar with these emergency situations and handle many every single day. They provide various emergency services that include installation, inspection, testing and repair of the generator, sewer or stormwater drains, vents in your roofing system, or any other plumbing fixture.
- Remodelling Services – There are a few well-known plumbing companies that offer partial remodelling for both home and offices. Partial remodelling focuses on specific rooms like a kitchen or living room. When it comes to offices, it can be for a portion of the office or even a complete makeover.
After going through all the above-mentioned plumbing services, you must have gained a basic understanding of what all is included in each type of service. Now, whenever you face any plumbing issues, you will know what type of services you require and you can call the relevant plumber accordingly.